I know you’ve seen this picture: A little child falls and grazes her knee. Mommy picks her up and “kisses it better”… and it is better… because of the power of Loving Touch.
The benefits of massage ranges from physical to psychological. It’s positive effects will manifest in the individual’s personal life on many levels.
To name but a few:
- Satisfies the need for human touch
- Increases peace of mind
- Promotes mental alertness
- Reduces anxiety
- Brings self awareness
- Improves circulation
- Increases joint flexibility
- Effectively treats the biggest organ – the skin
- Reduces stress
- Promotes deeper breathing
- Helps with sleeping problems
We are living in an age where touching has been reduced to the minimum. A lot of therapy has been replaced by machines. From my point of view, nothing can replace loving & healing touch.
Making massage part of your “self-care” program, is one of the best things you can do for yourself.